Here are some tips and tricks on social media presented for the Matawan/Aberdeen Chamber of Commerce.
Smart people have the hardest time finding love because they overthink, overanalyze and generally treat love like a math puzzle or science project and not like the natural, biological process that it is.
The most important part of connecting with a romantic prospect, or anyone in life, is being totally present. This means putting ego aside, developing consciousness and keeping mental noise on the lowest volume possible. It takes work, but once you lay the foundation, it’s much simpler.
Here are Miss Alpha’s tips for building that foundation:
- Eat healthy.
Sugar, caffeine, aspartame, flour, and excess salt all create agitation, which can make our minds race. We get used to it, we become addicted, and it causes us to manically overthink. If you want to be calm, start with the right fuel.
When you use your nervous energy to work out, there’s less fuel for that useless, noisy, mental fire.
Meditation clears mental clutter. It creates the ability to focus and really listen and connect with others. It relaxes you, which builds confidence regardless of alcohol intake. Meditation allows you to be authentic.
There are different types of meditation. I highly recommend “Mindfulness Meditation,” which means clearing the mind and stopping all thought. This video walks you through the process. Please do not be afraid of the quiet that is inevitable. It’s a good thing.
- Take time for personal reflection.
Journaling enables you to see your own behavior patterns – both good and bad – and being aware of what behaviors create your life is the most critical part of making changes.
- Recognize that “mind-reading” is presumptuous and arrogant.
No matter how well you know someone, even if they are an open book, there is always more to that person. Let their actions speak; get to know people during the time you are actually engaging with them. If all else fails, consider how insulting it would be for someone to presume that you are so simple, they’ve got you all figured out?
Per the immortal words of Jack Johnson:
Now please don’t pretend to know what’s on my mind
If we already knew everything that everybody knows
We would have nothing to learn tonight.
- Stop daydreaming!
Feel free to daydream about your future life, your ambitions, traveling the world, falling in love; but don’t attach it to a person. People build fantasies about their romantic prospects and are easily hurt when things don’t line up. If you want something, speak up and ask for it. If you can’t do that, it’s time to find something else to think about.
- Accept it.
If you want to succeed, you have to do what works. This means recognizing that there is nothing inherently wrong with your person; it’s just the behavioral ruts that you’ve created. While it’s not foolproof – I still obsess and fret occasionally. With a little discipline, things get a lot easier.
We worry because we think that worry gives us control over what the other person may do that affects us… but that is simply not true. Worrying it not a superpower. All it does is create stress and detract from a more luscious and fulfilling existence. So take a deep breath and realize that you can’t control others, you can only control yourself.
About the Author
This post contributed by Alicia Wise, a featured writer for Loveawake.com free dating site. Alecia is a well-accomplished bilingual writer for magazines, websites and newspapers about relationships, online dating and marriage. She teaches online marketing and self-motivation on hedowntimeme.
Morissa, GenZ founder, had a great Q&A interview with Glen Binger, host of Stories by the Sea. Read the exciting interview here.
Morissa started freelancing when she was in high school. It all started with a children’s book that needed editing. This took her on quite a journey. She now has a team of talented writers, editors, designers, and researchers who are here to serve you, just as they have thousands of other clients, at Morissa’s newest website: Dr. Rissy’s Writing.
Let us know what you think of our site and service!
1. Do you make your bed? Oh gosh no. There have actually been ‘scientific studies’ that prove that keeping the bed unmade prevents germs from settling…or at least that’s what I tell myself.
2. What’s your favorite number? 16
3. What is your dream job? Football playing king in space…oh wait, that’s Spongebob’s…
4. If you could, would you go back to school? I’m still in school…and very much looking forward to graduation (I say while taking a break from writing a nice long paper in my school library)
5. Can you parallel park? Not even almost
6. A job you had which people would be shocked that you once held? I babysat for a family friend’s two children and got fired after three times for blowing dandelion seeds in the backyard. I did not know that they would spread weeds…
7. Do you think aliens are out there? There are most definitely aliens, and I hope they are exactly like Paul.
8. Can you drive a stick shift? I barely even know what that means.
9. Guilty pleasure? Slurpees. I have been addicted my whole life. #teamcoke
10. Tattoos? No…when I was younger, for a very brief time, I wanted a Hello Kitty one after seeing a sales associate at Bed, Bath, and Beyond with one. I am glad I did not do that.
11. Favorite color? Neon Green
12. Things people do that drive you insane? Annoying noises: chewing, scraping spoons, sharp noises….gosh, I sound misophonic…
13. Phobia? Fears? I have never had ‘phobia’ type fears. I’m more likely to stress about doing a poor job at something and the repercussions of that than worrying about bugs or heights…I actually kind of like both.
14. Favorite childhood game? Does Crash Bandicoot count? If not, I suppose Candyland…
15. Do you talk to yourself? Of course not…I only talk to my imaginary friends!
16. Do you like doing puzzles? Yes. I have more puzzle apps on my phone…
17. Favorite music? Rock: classic, indie, and alt all the way
18. Tea or Coffee? Neither…#teampepsi
19. First thing you remember you wanted to be when you grew up? I wanted to own a building with a dollar store next to a dance studio, called Dollar World and Dance World, respectively. Yes, I got some strange looks when I announced that in pre-school, but I was (and still kind of am) obsessed with shopping in dollar stores and dancing, so it just kind of made sense.
Hi everyone, I wanted to introduce you all to my new BFF and baby, Mo Rhys (yes, he is named after me), and yes, he is AMAZING.
You will be seeing PLENTY MORE of Mo…pretty much every day/week 😉
Everyone knows that the recipe for success when it comes to stag do parties, is a combination of strippers, lap dances, booze, debauchery, a little adventure and then more strippers! Follow it up with the requisite hangover that requires some thoroughly relaxing activities!
If you are the groomsman organizing the best experience for your friend, the soon-to-be-married Mr. Stag, you`ll need a list of best activities, broken down by category.
You’ll see later how much a list like this helps you!
Let’s start with the beginning! First of all, you need to choose the destination, which is one of the most important things in organizing this kind of party.
The most popular eight stag do destinations in Europe are:
- Ayia Napa – the party capital of Cyprus
- Bratislava – the capital of Slovakia
- Bucharest – Romania’s capital
- Budapest – the capital of Hungary
- Krakow – Poland’s second largest city
- Paphos, Cyprus – the birthplace of the goddess Aphrodite
- Prague – capital city of the Czech Republic
- Riga – the capital and the largest city of Latvia
Each of these destinations offers you the opportunity to try some fun and new activities. There are so many that a weekend it will seem too short to do everything you would like!
With that in mind, it is recommended to seek the assistance of specialists and take the advantage of those weekend packages that are ready to make your life easier.
For example, Eventhuse can be your perfect ally in this operation, and can help you with many offers and packages that will make your stag weekend unforgettable.
Let`s see, first, which are the best and most popular Europe’s stag do activities broken down by 6 categories:
- Hot activities
- lap dance club tour
- wake up strip
- topless waitress
- belly dancer
- hitch hiker stripper
- steak and lesbo show
- hot body shots
- live body table dessert girl or body table sushi girl
- mud wrestling with naked strippers
- jelly wrestling
- girl on girl show
- dominatrix strip dinner
- cleaning lady stripper
- Party & booze
- the stag party tram
- brewery tour
- brewery tour and tasting
- beer bike
- guided pub crawl bus
- nightclub entry
- casino crawl
- party bus
- party on a yacht
- party on a pirate boat
- karaoke night with beers
- wine, whiskey or rum tasting
- roly-poly stripper
- Trabant humiliation
- female dwarf handcuff
- angry neighbour stripper
- fake bride
- stag arrest
- dwarf hire
- self-drive boat
- fly board
- scuba diving
- undersea walking
- fishing tours
- bridge swinging
- white water rafting
- high ropes adventures
- action tower jump
- armored car ride
- tandem skydiving
- tank driving
- car destroying
- quad biking
- football or foot-golf
- bubble football
- outdoor paintball
- gun shooting
- horse races
- escape room
- thermal baths
- boat cruise
Don`t forget to go to eventhuse.co.uk for more packages, and choose the best experience for your best friend!
A fantastic event at Barnes & Noble in Edison, NJ. Morissa was happy to talk about the publishing process, writing, and all things books to a crowd of teens and aspiring writers.